Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Love

I don't mean to brag, but... I have the best husband in the world.

I don't know what I would do without him - I probably would have droped out of nursing school a long time ago. Without him, our house would be a constant disaster, we would never have clean clothes and many nights we would go hungry because I forgot to go to the grocery store.

Some of you have told me that you don't know how I am in nursing school and have a toddler. I will tell you right now that it is because of God's grace ... and my husband. For the past two and a half years he has picked up the slack that I can not keep up with... not because he cares that our house gets out of order, but because he knows that I do. On top of doing his job and my job at times, he also puts up with me when I am tired, emotional, and sometimes downright ungrateful. Through all of this he is a constant encourager - he tells me not to quit, but to keep going, reminding me that I am almost done.

Uriah Dortch - my other half and the love of my life. I do not deserve you. I love you with all of my heart - as big as the sky ;)

This Valentines Day, we decided to celebrate at home. We fed Addison early and put her to bed so we had the night to ourselves. Uriah told me he was making me a special dinner...


It was these really nice steaks with carmelized onions on top, asparagus and these potato things:


It was probably the best meal I have ever had... and I am not even a big fan of red meat! Uriah was very proud of how these steaks turned out. Never knew I was married to a chef!

That's all for now.. Just wanted to brag on my husband a little bit. Hope everyone else had a great Valentines day :)

Until next time...



2 comments: