Thursday, March 31, 2011

Three Years...

This past Tuesday, Uriah and I had our Third Anniversary.....

To many, three years does not seem like that much of an accomplishment. However, I feel very blessed and I am so proud of our marriage. In three years, we have had many obstacles and challenges. I am sure many people wondered if we would really make it. But I can see now that God truly does work all things for good, for those who love Him - especially when it gives Him the glory. And our marriage is truly a testiment to His grace and love.

Our marriage was a challenge from a beginning. Some of our choices lead to us getting pregnant outside of marriage... But God blessed us with Addison and through her, showed us His grace and mercy. Our lives were changed forever. Being newly married with a new baby is challenging in itself, but around this same time, my parents' marriage fell apart. I went through a dark time of anger and hurt, but most of all fear for my own marriage. In this time, God taught me how to be a better wife and mother. Financial strain is a stress that contributes to most divorces in our country. Being newly married, with a young child, a fixer-upper house, being in school and having very little of a financial blanket has been a stress to say the least. However, through this, God has taught us to trust Him with our finances, be faithful to Him and He will provide. I have also learned about how we should view money and material things. Nursing school has been a challenge too, but through it I have come to appreciate my husband so much more. On top of all of these lessons and blessings, God blessed us with wonderful friends - an amazing support system.

Uriah and I are so very happy. Our life is not perfect or without challenges, but I am thankful that we are in it together. I am blessed to be married to a loving, humble, hard-working man. Uriah - I love you baby

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed to have you in our lives!

    May the love that you share last your lifetime through, As you make a wonderful pair. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete