Friday, August 19, 2011

It won't be like this for long

Whenever I hear this song, it makes me cry.... 


... Mainly because it is so true. The other day I was driving to a class for work after dropping Addison off at preschool...  and this song came on... it made me think about how quickly life is happening. I immediately began crying of course... the embarrassing cry - the one that cause people to do a double-take and stare at stop lights...  I just couldn't help myself. I love the age that Addison is in right now and I really don't want her to grow up... soon she is going to have a sister... and before I know it I am going to be helping them through puberty to uphold and build their confidence, dressing them up for their first dance, supporting them through their first heartbreak, and then be packing them up for college.... I want to scream for it all to stop, or at least slow down so I can just soak it in a little bit more.

I also began thinking about motherhood, how it has changed my life... how I never really grasped how much Christ loves me until she became a part of it... and how even that is just a glimpse... I stand amazed.

Thank you, Lord, for the grace and love you show me everyday... Please remind me of this when I have had a hard day. Help me to remember how quickly life is slipping by and to treasure every moment I have with my children...  and thank you, thank you for making me a mother.


2 comments:

  1. Katie, this is precious. What a sweet reminder.

    -- Emily Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. So true and simply put :)

    ReplyDelete