Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Update... Nashville, house projects, new arrivals and Father's Day

Hello all...

I apologize for the lack of posting lately. So much has happened!

1. I graduated from nursing school and passed boards and I feel as excited as these girls who won the lottery
picture from google images
2. I drove to Nashville, TN to visit my little sister




















Having a melt down

Making a wish


On the ride back home

3. I am now 25 weeks prego (and feeling great - picture of the bump to come soon )
4. We are in the process of re-decorating the master bedroom for which we made a custom headboard. (I will do a separate post with step by step pictures soon :)
5. Baby Baumeister arrived!


We love you Baby Everett!
6. Had the best date - ever! (thank you Phil and Christie for babysitting!) Uriah heard that Josh Groban was in town and surprised me with the idea of trying to get tickets, which were way to expensive for our budget, by going to the concert and trying to find a deal from those guys who sell tickets outside the ticket booth... kinda tacky, I know, but we are broke and we figured we would just try (we had a backup plan just in case...) So there we were scouting out people who would sell us tickets and out of no where, this guy came up to us and asked us if we were looking for tickets... we said yes and we pulled out our money.. I was ready to barter. He was an older guy in his 50's.. he looked at us both. I don't know, maybe he felt sorry for us because it had started to rain. He said, "you know what, just take 'em". We said, "seriously?" He said "yea I had a date meeting me here, but she is stuck at the airport. Have fun." He promptly turned around and ran in the other direction. We looked at each other and then at the tickets - utter shock. When does that happen - ever?? This guys generosity sort of left us breathless. We looked at the tickets which happened to be the third row to right of the stage.. really great tickets!!




this guys name is ELEW - amazing pianist



7. We are also in the process of decorating the baby room ... (Can't wait to show you how it turns out)
8. We are planning on painting our house in about 3-4 weeks. (It will be a grey-ish color with black shutters and black front door.)
9. I start my job on July 17th... so excited... and a little nervous too.
10. Father's day!

I think Uriah had a fabulous father's day weekend. It started with a Luau at Addison's school.






Addison made him a golf ball on a tee... too bad he isn't really a golfer, but we won't tell her that.  :)

She sure does love her Daddy...

 But as a family, we celebrated on Saturday. I let him sleep in and Addison and I snuck out of the house to pick up breakfast and worms... When we got home, I let Addison wake him up and give him his father's day card. She told him... "we are going to go fishing with worms!!" I think Addison was more excited about the worms than the fish. I had the car all packed for them to take the short 5 minute drive to Harris Lake to go fishing along with their breakfast. I met them a few hours later with Addison's big red ball and a picnic basket. When I arrived, Uriah had some funny stories of Addison fishing.

First of all, Addison caught three fish. Uriah - 1. She definitely has skills. Uriah said that on the third fish Addison caught, he let her pull in, but when she did, she must have pulled really hard because the fish came flying up at her (it was really small) and she went berserk... started screaming and crying, fell back and tripped on some roots, then proceeded to try and climb on top of Uriah's head. It scared her to death... poor baby. Then Uriah said that when he finally caught one, he told Addison it was called a cat fish. I can just see her eyes getting really big and the little wheels turning in her head.. because then she said, "oh oh, daddy, lets throw this one back and get a dog-fish!!" She cracks me up..

Nice hair :)


Goin' Fishin'...












Okay, so this may be the longest post ever - sorry.. I hope you feel as though you have been updated on the happenings of our lives for the past few weeks. Love to you all... 

Until next time...



2 comments:

  1. I love it! I had no idea about the tickets...WOW talk about a God thing. My mom read it and started crying:) love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! We were just walking on clouds that whole night all because of one person's kindness.. It really inspired me and made me want to do that for others, because generosity can really floor people. It definitely made our date unforgettable.

    ReplyDelete